Sometimes while working with Mac and Norton Antivirus application, you might face an issue that after upgrading MAC or Norton, Norton is not working. Below are the steps to solve this issue:
- Exit from all the running applications, and then restart your Mac or system. If after a restart of your system; still, you are facing the issue then uninstall your Norton antivirus product using RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool and reinstall it.
- This RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool removes all the folders and files created by Norton installers.
Find the below steps to download and run the RemoveSymantecMacFiles tool:
- Go to the official website and download the zip file and click on the Finder icon in the Dock to be in Finder.
- Go to the menu bar and hit Go to Downloads and open the Download folder
- If you are using Safari browser to download the file, go to the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder
- If you are using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome browser, hit the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.zip and extract the files; now you can open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles folder
- Before running the tool on your system; log in to the Mac system using admin credentials and Open the RemoveSymantecMacFiles.command file using control-click and open with Terminal (default).
- If you get prompt for select click open to continue and in the terminal Window enter the administrator password and return.
- Now you can remove all Norton antivirus files and folders by entering – 1; if you don’t want to use the RemoveSymantecMacFiles then enter – 2
- RemoveSymantecMacFiles removes all Norton files, now hit the return. After removal of all the files by the tool; type the Y and hit the return to restart your system. Make sure to save your work before restart.
How to download Norton product?
- Go to the official website of Norton antivirus and sign to my account. Enter your email Id and password to login account. If you don’t have Norton account; create the account and complete the sign-up process by following the instructions.
- Open the Norton download section and download the Norton installable files
- Agree to the terms and conditions and save the setup file on your local machine
- Double click on the setup .exe file and start the installation process
Follow the guidelines to complete the installation process after the complete procedure, restart the system.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era - January 13, 2021
Request a Callback