Norton antivirus is one of the popular antiviruses in the market. It offers a range of products to safeguard your system from virus attacks. We all are using the internet regularly, so antivirus is a must factor for safe browsing and security of your system. However, while working on the computer, you might need to set some app exclusions rules as Norton antivirus detects and blocks software programs that are not secure. Let us find out how to set the exclusion in Norton antivirus.
How to Exclude Files & Folders Auto/Manual Scans in Norton Antivirus PC
How do I Setup App Exclusions?
If Norton antivirus is already installed on your machine, you can easily set up the rules. If you have not installed it on your system, follow the steps to install the Norton Antivirus.
- Go to the official website and sign in with the credentials
- Download the Norton antivirus setup on the local machine
- Enter the product key and agree on the terms and conditions
- Complete the installation process by following the guidelines
- Sometimes, you know that the software is trusted, but Norton antivirus software blocks such programs
- In that case, you need to set the exclusion list where you can mention the software which needs to be excluded against antivirus software actions
- Once you set up such a list, now you can use that software easily.
- To set up the list, go to Norton security manager and go to the settings option
- Now out of many possibilities chose the tab where you can list the low risk or exclusion
- Now select the item and exclude it from SONAR and configure the intelligence detection
- You can add the items subsequently and click on the apply button
- Now, all these programs will be excluded from automatic SONAR protection.
- In case of any assistance, you can contact Norton antivirus team.
For any technical assistance, please get in touch with us.