Steps to Turn off Web Notifications on the Major Web Browsers?
Generally, approximately 10 percent of subscribers opt-out of web push notifications per year without any prior notice. Due to this, when it comes to regular web notifications, the opt-out rates are not as high comparatively. Hence, users prefer receiving notifications from their favorite websites on a regular basis. The users might be interested in knowing about the new content, offers, or services offered by the sites, and hence, wish to stay at the top of all updates on those sites on a regular basis. Still, some people may want to disable web push notifications on their devices. The below post is a perfect fit for users as it will discuss the ways to turn off web notifications on all popular browsers. For Norton setup visit www.norton.com/setup.
How you can disable Web Push Notifications on Google Chrome
The users can easily disable web push notifications on Google Chrome anytime by following these steps mentioned below:
- To start it what you have to do is, launch Chrome and select the vertical ellipsis menu icon firstly.
- Once you see a pull-down menu, then choose the Settings option there.
- Then you have to move down until you see the section of the ‘Privacy and Security’ option and choose the Site Settings option after it.
- And below the Permissions section, choose the Notifications option there.
- Next to the Allow section, first, locate the problematic URL, and select the vertical ellipsis from the menu icon.
- And select hit on the Block button.
- Then you can also select the ‘Use quieter messaging (blocks notification prompts from interrupting you)’ option popping there.
Steps to Disable Push Notifications on Mozilla Firefox
By following the mentioned steps below you can disable push notifications on Mozilla Firefox:
- First, Launch the Firefox browser and choose the hamburger menu icon on the top right side of the screen.
- Then invoke the menu grid, choose the Options button you can see there.
- Once, you open the Settings, then select the ‘Privacy & Security’ option there.
- Next, you have to move down until you see the Permissions section. And you need to go to Notifications and select the Settings option beside it immediately.
- Now you are able to see the website URLs list and their notification status.
- If you want to turn off notifications for a particular website, then click on the menu, and choose the Block option.
- Lastly, choose the Save Changes option there.
What to do if you want to Disable Desktop Notifications on Safari
To disable push notifications on Mozilla Firefox please following the steps mentioned below:
- First, start the Safari menu, and then choose the Preferences option mentioned.
- Next, you have to go to the tab of Websites and then choose the Notifications option there.
- Then, select the website list there.
- There you will find the problematic site, then choose the pull-down, and select the Deny option instead of allowing it.
How to Delete Push Notifications via Android (Chrome)
- Firstly, you have to Launch Chrome and select the Settings option.
- Then select the Settings option and then click on the Notifications option.
- Then, you have to move it down to the section of Sites.
- Lastly, find the unnecessary URL and switch the toggle to disable it immediately.
For any issue feel free to call us or contact us via email, chat, and form. Our customer service team will troubleshoot your PC issues.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- How the evolution of Norton™ 360 arises: A brief Timeline of Cyber Safety - March 8, 2021
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021