What are the symptoms of Norton 360 error code 3051?
Norton error 3051 is a runtime error that will appear during the installation process of Norton 360 antivirus software. Sometime this error code may occur during the windows startup or shutdown or installation of the windows operating system. It is very important to track the exact instance of the Norton error code 3051, this is very important to troubleshoot the error.
- The system displays Error 3051 and the running window gets a sudden shutdown
- The system may freeze suddenly
- System active running program may stop suddenly and shuts down the active window
- The system responds slowly and sluggishly to input devices
What are the causes of Error 3051?
- Damaged or incomplete installation of Norton 360 antivirus software
- Corrupted windows registry entry related to Norton antivirus software
- Malware or virus infection might have corrupted the Windows system files
- Another program may mistakenly delete the Norton antivirus files
How to fix Norton error code 3051?
Registry Entry Changes
Error code 3051 could be due to damaged registry entries. We can fix this error by changing the windows registry entry manually. However, it is recommended to do this activity carefully a small mistake could lead to entire system damage.
It is highly recommended to use some tools like Winthruster or registry cleaner. These tools are automatic registry cleaner tools, developed by Microsoft gold partner. These tools will take automatic backup of files and repair the registry entries. These tools are single click cleaners.
Windows systems restore technique
Windows gives you an inbuilt utility tool to restore your system to a previous best working version. Go to the control panel and select the system restore option. This will start the system restore wizard. Follow the guidelines to complete the system restore process. Follow this guide at Norton.com/Setup to know easy setup steps.
Install the latest windows updates
It is always best practice to update your system with the latest windows updates. Check your internet connection and update the windows with the latest updates, restart the system after all updates.
Latest driver update
The driver update is very important for the smooth performance of the system. Check the internet connection and update the device drivers with the latest version of drivers. You can use tools like Driverdoc to update the device drivers with the latest versions. This tool will take automatic backup of previous versions of drivers.
Uninstall and reinstall the Norton antivirus system
If you are still facing the issue then installing a fresh copy of Norton antivirus can resolve your issue. Go to the control panel and select the programs and features option. Select the Norton antivirus instances and click on the uninstall button. It will start to uninstall process; after completion of the process restart the system. Visit Norton antivirus official website and search for Norton 360 antivirus. Follow the instructions and install the fresh copy of the Norton antivirus program.
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era - January 13, 2021