Norton antivirus is one of the popular antiviruses in the market. Sometimes you may face Norton error code 10030 while working with Norton.
What are the Causes of Norton Error 10030?
There is a variety of causes for this error. However, the communication problem between the Ghost console computer and the Ghost client computer is the main cause of this Norton ghost Error 10030.
What are the symptoms of Norton error 10030?
You will get Norton Error 10030 while trying to connect ghost server session manually using a bootable CD. A ghost console task might produce this Norton error 10030.
How to fix Norton Ghost Error 10030?
- You need to open UDP ports 6666 and 7777 in any firewall required by the GhostCast server.
- Go to command prompt and use netstat –a command to locate the open ports
- Use telnet command to identify the opened particular port
- If you want to know more about the communication process between console and client check out the link: http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH108194
- You need to make sure that router or switching your environment may not block your multicast traffic
- While joining to Ghost cast server session using boot disk, you need to supply the IP address of Ghost server to the client. Specify the IP address on the same page in ghost page with the same session number you want to join.
- If you are getting the same error message while connecting to the IP Address of Ghost server, there is a possibility of error in multicast configuration.
- For specifying the IP Address of the Ghost server use command Jaddr = ipaddressofconsole. If there is a multicast configuration error message Ghost server gives the same Error message.
- You need to select Unicast instead of Multicast. When you select Unicast, your router doesn’t support Multicast. You need to check the IGMP settings on the router.
Step 3 –
- You need to make sure that 3rd party programs are not blocking the Ghost communications.
- If any third party software has blocked the Ghostsrv.exe, add it manually. For more information, check out the document: “Error: 10030 – “Unable to establish a connection with the session” when using McAfee Anti-Virus 8.x.” at:
- Sometimes third party program blocks IRC communication or UDP traffic on ports 6666 and 6667 like epolicy orchestrator, you need to modify the rule in epo to permit Ghost communication or add a new rule for Ghost that supersedes the blocking rule. You can overwrite the changes
- BlackICE PC protection program includes the firewall also Windows PE as an enabled pre – OS the by blocking the Ghost traffic
- Disabling the Antivirus and firewall is not enough to correct this error; you need to configure Ghost to communicate
Step 4 –
- If device drivers are out of date then it may cause connectivity error using Ghostcast. Update the correct network adapter using steps Update the network adapter driver https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO124400.html
Step 5 –
- You can rectify this error problem, by applying this on a simple test network.
Use this link to set up the simple network:
- If your problem is fixed with a simple network, the production network could be a source of this problem.
Step 6 –
- You need to remove the Ghost console and Ghost client from the domain and add it to the workgroup.
- After following these steps, if your error gets fixed then group policy objects might be causing this connection error. Find out the GPO and disable or modify it.
Step 7 –
- The issue can be brought about by a switch or router between the server and the PC that the image is being put away on when that switch or router has not been designed for Multicasting. In that case, if the issue is brought about by some other way, putting the image on a similar PC as the Ghost Console should avert this mistake.
- If the issue happens amid the image making process, try putting your picture on a similar PC that is running the GhostCast Server. On the off chance that this is effective, there could be an issue with the system share you initially endeavored to use as the image repository
Step 8 –
- Assign the full control of the Image Repository to everybody.
- If this fix clears your issue, change full control from “everybody” to the particular client that will sign into the PC running the Ghost programming.
Step 9 –
- If you are still facing the issue contact the Symantec Technical support team.
- You need to install the Wireshark on the computer for running the ghost tools and start the network trace. When this trace started to repeat your imaging process.
- A System Information Report from the Ghost Console and any customers that are getting this issue.
- To get the System Information report, click Start > Run Type msinfo32.exe.
Spare the subsequent report with NFO document expansion.
From the Ghost Server, accumulate the logs documents from these areas:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Altiris\eXpress\Deployment Server\*.log
If you are unable to solve this issue, contact the Norton support UK team.
- Try This If You Have Been Victimized By Fake AntiVirus LifeLock Scam
- How to Solve Norton remove and reinstall tool not working?
- Norton Power Eraser- an Error has occurred
- Norton an unrecoverable error has occurred
- How to Get a Norton Refund? Try These Tricks
- How the evolution of Norton™ 360 arises: A brief Timeline of Cyber Safety
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era
- What to do if you want to delete your Facebook Account?
- Explore Some New Upgraded Features of WhatsApp
- How to fix if Norton Remove and Reinstall not working
- How to fix Norton 360 Uistub exe Unspecified Error?
- How to disable Web Push Notifications on Chrome/ Mozilla /Safari?
- Norton.com/NU16- How to Download and Activate Norton Utilities 16
- How to Fix Norton Error 13000 100
- How you can protect your data by using Norton security App?
- How to Convert FLV file to MP4? (Working Methods with Video Guide)