Norton antivirus gives you a variety of products with a range of different virus detection methods. The regular Norton antivirus scan can protect your system from vulnerable threats. Norton anti-virus utilizes suspicious behavior, emulation, virus definitions and sandbox to detect viruses on your system.
What is suspicious behavior detection?
This suspicious behavior detection is not based on the virus definition. This method typically relies on the active monitoring of your computer programs to identify suspicious behavior. When Norton uses this method of detection, you may need to accept or deny the running programs on your system until the Norton learns to differentiate safe and unsafe programs running on your system. This virus detection method helps to secure your system from unknown or new viruses. Sometimes you may face false positives issue with this method.
What is the Emulation detection method?
Emulate code is another virus detection method used by Norton antivirus. In this method, Norton emulates the first part of the code of a running program. This method checks for the self-modifying code of the programs; once this kind of code gets identified, Norton won’t allow executable to run on your system. However, this method also creates a lot of false positives and sometimes a trusted program will also not run on your system.
What is the Virus definitions detection method?
This is the most popular method of detecting viruses. Norton antivirus has defined virus definition database stored and when it scans your computer, start comparing memory, hard drive, boot sectors or removable drives with stored virus’s definitions. Norton stores patterns or binary code definitions unique for known viruses in the database. Once this comparison is done, Norton UK discovers the viruses and flag the virus quarantine or removal warning. This Virus detection method is only suitable for known viruses.
What is the Sandbox detection method?
This method is primarily used for scanning individual files on-demand basis. In this method, the sandbox will analyze the executable files and detects the changes in the executables. Norton sandbox works on-demand basis compare to other detection methods like suspicious behavior detection. It runs executable files on the emulated operating system so your operating system remains non – infected.
You may like:
- How To Use Norton Antivirus & Utilities For Complete Computer Care
- Why Choose Norton Internet Security Over Other Antivirus Brands?
- Process: How to Uninstall Norton Security From Windows/Mac PC
- How Can You Contact Norton Support/ Symantec for Technical Help?
- What Is Norton Security Error 8504 and How To Fix It?
- Top 10 The Most Damaging Pieces of Banking Malware
- Virus Types That Scream Bad News
- Types of Viruses- The Family of Computer Viruses
- The Malware Family- Dangerous But Common Cyber Threats
- The Story of Trojan- A Master Of Deception and Destruction
- 3 Step Protection of Your Small Business From Cyber Attacks
- Time To Switch To Cloud Storage Yet?
- Small Businesses & Security
- Norton Setup Support Debunks Common Myths
- Is Your Norton Setup Not Working? Norton.com/Setup Video
- Norton Product Key Support Number -Norton Activation by NSC
- Norton Internet Security 2018 License Key
- 3 Tell Tale Signs of Malware Infection
- How To Secure Your Social Media Login Sessions?
- How To Protect Yourself In The Cyber World?
- 5 Precautions You Should Take Against Malware And Viruses
- Why Is Antivirus Protection Important For Your Computer?
- Why regular virus scans are essential?
- 4 Common Hacking Techniques Used By Cyber Criminals
- How Viruses Can Harm Your Device?
- How do I Turn ON/OFF Norton SONAR Protection?
- How to Resolve Norton Error: (3039,65546) “SONAR Protection Failed to Load”
- 4 Basic Advantages of Norton Antivirus
- Process: Norton.com/setup Download, Install And Activate
- How to Prevent Norton Antivirus Subscription Expired Pop-up
- How to Renew Norton Internet Security, Antivirus Subscriptions with a Product Key
- What is Norton Error 3048 3 and How to Fix it?
- [Resolved] How To Fix Norton Error 3039? ☏ 0800-368-9219
- [Fixed] How to Solve Norton Error 3035 6? Call ☏0800 368 9219
- Buy Norton Antivirus Security Online | Call Tollfree ☏0800 368 9219
- Norton Installation Error 80047ec6 | Call ☏0800 368 9219 to Fix
- How to Cancel My Norton Account, Stop Automatic Renewal & Get Refund
- How to Fix Norton Error 500 on Windows & Mac? [Resolved] ☏0800 368 9219
- [Solved] How to Fix Norton Security Error 3038?
- How to Fix Norton Security Error 3039 1? ☏0800 368 9219
- New Norton 360
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Latest posts by John M. Norton (see all)
- Norton Antivirus Basic - July 17, 2019
- How Does Norton Antivirus work? - July 8, 2019
- How Do I Temporarily Turn OFF My Norton AntiVirus? - July 3, 2019