What are the causes of Norton Error 1000?
Error 1000 is a runtime error; such error can be caused by different factors. It is very important to troubleshoot the possible cause of this error and track the instance causing this error. This is very important to find a fix for this.
- Incomplete or corrupt installation of Norton antivirus product
- Some virus infection or malware infection can cause Norton error 1000
- Some other software may mistakenly deleted or damaged the files
- Windows registry entry associated with Norton antivirus may cause this error
What are the symptoms of Error 1000?
- Display of error 1000 on the active program window and crashes the window
- Your system frequently shuts down and freezes
- Your computer runs slowly or sluggishly
How to fix the Norton Error 1000
Save and close all running programs. Restart your computer
Reinstall the Norton Antivirus
- Error 1000 is runtime error and associated with Norton antivirus. You can uninstall and reinstall the Norton antivirus for removing this error.
- Go to the official website of Norton antivirus and select the Norton Remove and Reinstall tool, download it
- Save this file on your computer and double click on the downloaded file
- Agree on the license agreement and follow the guidelines
- Restart the system
Clean out the system junk files
Cleaning the junk files could solve the Norton error 1000. You can use disk cleanup utility for cleaning the junk files. This will also speed up the performance of your computer.
- Go to start and open the command prompt
- Type command “cleanmgr” and click on the enter
- Disk Cleanup will start calculating the occupied space and clean the junk and temporary files.
Update PC device drivers and windows
- Old device drivers may be another cause of the Error 1000.
- Use driver update tool or Driverdoc tool to update the device drivers
- These tools will take back up of the previous versions of drivers and update the device drivers to latest versions
- Check your internet connection and update Windows to latest patches
Windows fresh installation
If you are still facing the issue, then the last fix is installing a fresh copy of Windows. It is very important to take back up of all your files and folder before the installation process. Use a bootable DVD or USB with an activation code to install the new copy of the windows. Follow the steps and guidelines to complete the process.
Contact Norton customer care team is always available for help (24*7). Experts will try to solve you’re your query immediately.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- How the evolution of Norton™ 360 arises: A brief Timeline of Cyber Safety - March 8, 2021
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021