What are the symptoms of Norton Error 111?
There are many different scenarios for Norton antivirus error 111, you will get Norton error message 111 on-screen and your active running program window gets crashed. Sometimes your system runs slowly and sluggishly or sometimes your computer gets freeze or non-responsive. Error 111 usually occurs during the Norton antivirus installation or when a system shutdown or startup. It is necessary to keep track of the exact instance causing this Error 111 for finding the solution.
What are the causes of Error 111?
The Norton antivirus error 111 can be due to incomplete installation or damaged download of Norton antivirus software. Missing files due to malware or virus infection could be another cause of this issue. Sometimes corrupted windows registry entry could be another cause of Norton error 111.
How to fix Norton Error 111?
- There are different ways to solve this Norton error 111. If some malware infections of virus attacks might have deleted or corrupted the files on your computer, then by conducting a full malware scan of your system is the best fix to solve Norton error code 111.
- After prolonged usage of computers and web browser, our system accumulates a lot of junk files and temporary files. This may degrade your system performance. It is recommended to clean out your system junk files and temporary files for better and speedy system performance. For cleaning of junk either you can go for WinSweeper protection software developed by Microsoft gold partner or you can use inbuilt Disk clean up service to clear the junk files on your machine. You need to open the command prompt and type “cleanmgr” command and hit the enter key and select the option for cleaning. Restart your computer after the cleaning process is complete.
How to fix miscellaneous activation error
- We usually don’t pay much attention to device drivers update or Windows update patches. Sometimes old versions may have some missing or damaged files causing errors. It is always important to update your system device drivers with the latest versions. You can use tools like DriverDoc to backup your existing drivers and update to the latest versions. Also with the help of uninterrupted internet connection update all the Windows latest patches.
- If you don’t wish to troubleshoot the problem, then just restore your system to a previous best working version. This will minimize your efforts of troubleshooting Error 111. Use in build system restores wizard to complete this process. Follow the guidelines and restore your system to working version smoothly.
Unable to Activate- Due to Norton error 111
- If all the above options are not helpful to solve your issue, then reinstall the Norton AntiVirus software. Open the control panel and go to the programs and features option. Select the Norton Antivirus related entries and choose the uninstall option. This will uninstall the current version of Norton antivirus. Now next step is to visit the Norton official site and log in with your account credentials. Download the latest version .exe file. Install the fresh copy of Norton antivirus software.
- Changing windows registry entry could solve your error 111. However, it is recommended to perform this activity carefully or under the experts’ supervision. A small mistake may lead to an entire system failure. Open the registry using command” regedit”
Select the Norton related entries and take back up. And then you can change it manually. Registry cleaner or Winthruster tool can also be used for this activity.
- How does Norton Password Manager Work
- Why Does Norton Slow a Computer Down?
- How do I SetUp Norton Core Router
- Solved: Norton Error 5013, 3
- [Solved]: How to Fix Norton Error 8921
- How Does Norton Antivirus work?
- [Fixed] How to Remove Norton Using Norton Removal / Uninstall Tool?
- [Solved] How to Fix Norton Security Error 3038?
- How to Cancel My Norton Account, Stop Automatic Renewal & Get Refund
- Norton Installation Error 80047ec6 | Call ☏0800 368 9219 to Fix
- [Fixed] How to Solve Norton Error 3035 6? Call ☏0800 368 9219
- [Resolved] How To Fix Norton Error 3039? ☏ 0800-368-9219
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.3 / 5. Vote count: 19
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!
Latest posts by John M. Norton (see all)
- Refund - December 11, 2019
- How to Remove FBI Moneypak Virus - December 10, 2019
- Norton Antivirus Plus Free Download for Windows 10, 8, 7 - November 22, 2019