Got Norton error 126 message? This error 126 (1973, 126) message will be shown as “An invalid POP was supplied“. To troubleshoot this issue we’ll understand the causes and will discuss about how to fix this problem using easy steps.
What are the causes of error 126?
- Misconfigured PC settings Damaged or corrupted Windows registry entries
- Humanization errors
- Malware attacks might have damaged the Norton files
- Incomplete installation of Norton antivirus
What are the symptoms of Error 126?
- The system displays Norton error code 126
- The system gets freeze frequently with message Norton error 126
- The system runs sluggishly and doesn’t respond to input devices
- System active program window crashes suddenly
How to fix Error code 126?
Windows registry changes
The Norton error 126 can be fixed by manually editing the Windows registry entries. However, these changes should be handled with care, as a small mistake may lead to entire system failure. You can use a tool like WinThruster or registry cleaner for automatic changing the windows registry entries. These tools are designed to take automatic backup of previous registry entry before making any changes.
Conduct a full malware/spyware or ransomware scan
Some spyware or malware attacks may damage Norton related files and you will get error 126. So conducting a full scan of your system is recommended to fix the Norton error 126
Cleaning the junk files
Our system collects a lot of garbage and junk files after continuous usage of computer systems and web surfing. These junk files may decrease system speed and performance. It is recommended to clean the system junk files regularly to improve the system performance. Open the command prompt and enter the command “cleanmgr”. This command will open the windows with junk files information, select the related files to clean.
Windows systems restore
You can restore your system to the previous best working version by using the Windows inbuilt tools. Follow the guidelines in the wizard and restore the system successfully. Once the wizard is complete restart the system.
Reinstall the Norton software program
Reinstalling the Norton software program could resolve the error 126. Open the control panel and select the programs and features. Select the Norton antivirus instances and click on the uninstall button. Once the uninstall process is complete, restart the system. Now visit Norton antivirus official website and select the latest version for the Norton antivirus program. Download the antivirus software and install the Norton antivirus program again by following the instructions.
If you are still not able to solve the Norton error 126, contact the customer care department. Norton antivirus support team is available 24*7 to help you and resolve your queries.
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era - January 13, 2021