What are the Causes of Norton error 3047?
Norton error 3047 is a runtime error. There are various reasons behind this error. It is very important to capture the exact instance of the error code 3047 to troubleshoot the root cause of error code 3047.
- Incomplete or damaged installation of Norton 360 antivirus program on a system
- Damaged or corrupted windows registry entry related to Norton 360 software
- Some malware or virus attacks might have corrupted some files
- Some other program might have mistakenly deleted few files of Norton 360 software program
What are the symptoms of Norton Error 3047?
- Your system window will show the message “error 3047”
- Your PC frequently crashes and stops the running program
- Your system runs slowly of sluggishly
- Your system may not respond properly to input devices
- Your computer may freeze for a few seconds
How to solve Norton Error 3047?
Open the Norton antivirus application and select the device security option. Then click on the LiveUpdate. It will automatically update the system with the latest versions. After finishing the live update restart the computer. This will fix the Norton 360 error 3047.
Uninstall the Norton antivirus using remove and reinstall tool
Check your internet connection and go to the Norton antivirus official website. Search for Norton antivirus Removes and Reinstall tool. Download the Norton Remove and reinstall tool, double click and install the remove and reinstall tool. Remove the existing Norton antivirus version using the remove button; restart the computer after completing the process. Now using Reinstall the Norton antivirus latest program by following the guidelines.
Know how to activate Norton subscription- www.norton.com/setup
Conduct a full malware scan of your system
Error 3047 could be due to damaged files on your system. Sometimes malware attacks may corrupt some files and this may because of error 3047. It is recommended to perform a full antivirus scan of your system. This may help you to get rid of malicious programs.
Clean the system junk files
With long term usage of your system and web surfing, your system may accumulate junk and garbage files. It is recommended to remove the garbage files for better system performance. You can use disk cleanup tools like winsweeper to clean junk files. Or you can also use Windows inbuilt tool like cleanmgr for cleaning system junk files. Open the windows command prompt and type a command “cleanmgr” and hit the enter button. This automated tool will calculate the disk space. Select the checkbox and complete the cleaning process.
Update the Device driver
It is very important to update the device drivers with the latest version. You can use a Driver update tool like Driverdoc to update the device drivers automatically. This tool also takes the backup of previous versions of drivers.
If you are still not able to solve the error 3047, then contact the Norton antivirus customer care department. Their expert team is always ready to help you.
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era - January 13, 2021