Norton Error 3048 3 is a runtime error occur due to various causes.
Symptoms of Norton Error 3048 3
We will provide you with few points which will help define the symptoms of error:
- “Error 3048 3” appears randomly and crashes the active program window.
- Your PC frequently crashes with Error 3048 3 popping up when running the same program more than once.
- “Norton Error 3048 3 Windows 7” is displayed on your screen.
- Windows runs sluggishly and responds slowly to mouse or keyboard input.
- Your computer frequently hangs up for a few seconds at times.
Norton 3048 3 error messages can appear during any kind of program installation, Windows startup or shutdown or while a Symantec-related software program (eg. Norton AntiVirus) is running, or during the installation of the Windows operating system. To fix the error it is very important to Keep a track of exactly when and where does 3048 3 error occurs.
Causes of Norton Error 3048 3
We are listing below some of the probable causes of Norton Antivirus error 3048 3.
- Norton Antivirus download is corrupt or there is an incomplete installation of Norton AntiVirus software.
- Corruption in Windows registry from a recent Norton AntiVirus related software change during installation or uninstallation).
- Virus or malware infection that has corrupted Windows system files or Norton AntiVirus-related program files.
- Any other program maliciously or mistakenly deleted Norton AntiVirus-related files.
The error can occur again so it is important to troubleshoot various causes to stop it from reoccurring.
Norton Error 3048- Troubleshoot step by step
How to Fix Norton Error 3048 3
Demonstrating a step by step process of how to fix the given error:
Step 1: Repair Registry Entries
One should not edit the Windows registry manually until you are a professional as it can entirely cause a system failure or damage your operating system which cannot be fixed further. Even a small coma put at the wrong place can cause such high damages to your system. We highly recommend using software like ‘Win Thruster’ (Developed by Microsoft Gold Certified Partner) to fix the error. Another software is the “Registry Cleaner’ which automates the process of finding any malicious or invalid entry.
Step 2: Conduct a Malware Scan on your PC
There is a good chance that the error has occurred due to any sort of Malware infection on your PS. It is mandatory to run the Malware Scan to move any such sort of possibility. These malicious viruses can damage or even delete some of the important runtime error files on your system. It can also happen that the runtime error which you might be experiencing is a part of the malicious program only.
You may also like: What Is Norton Security Error 8504 and How To Fix It?
Step 3: Check Your Junk folder and delete temp files
Over the time while you keep working on the internet on your computer, junk or temporary fees keep accumulating on your system. It becomes mandatory to clean the files as this might be the probable cause for the Error 3048 3 to occur by not letting the Norton antivirus functions properly or getting slowed down. Not only this but by doing so your system performance drastically improvises.
Step 4: Update your System’s device drivers
3048 3 errors can also occur due to device drivers which are not updated or corrupt. To fix the error you need to regularly update your device drivers.
The catch here is that it is not easy to update the device drivers or finding the error related drivers. Also, not everyone is technically capable of installing the right drivers or updating the same. As installing the wrong driver can be very harmful and can cause the entire system to be shutdown permanently.
Driver Update Tools like Driver Doc are recommended by experts to automate the entire process of updating the device drivers.
Step 5: Use Windows System Restore to Undo Changes
There might be some steps while using your system which might cause the error 3048 3. The Windows System Restore can go back and undo steps to rectify the wrong steps taken and can fix the error. This simple step can help avoid troubleshooting your system and wasting your time finding out the mistakes.
Read also : How do I Turn ON/OFF Norton SONAR Protection?
Step 6: Uninstalling And Reinstalling
Another step you can take to rectify the Norton Antivirus error is Uninstalling and then reinstalling the Norton Antivirus software.
Step 7: Run Windows File Checker
Windows file checker will help you to scan windows corruptions and enable you to restore them in Windows System Files
Need Refund Help? Click here
Step 8: Install all available Windows Updates
Microsoft team keep debugging errors and keep bringing new updates to the users to make the system more robust and strong. Sometimes the 3048 3 error can just be resolved updating the Windows.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era - January 13, 2021
Request a Callback