Got Norton Error 500? Read this blog to know about how to fix Norton error code 500 and troubleshoot in easy steps. Follow the below steps to get fixed or call our customer service for technical assistance.
Steps to Resolve Norton Server Error 500
By Running LiveUpdate
Running LiveUpdate will help resolve any issue if the Norton Error code 500 occurs due to the problem in Norton activate. To run live update follow step by step process given below:
- Start Norton
- Click on Run LiveUpdate, then right click on the Norton icon.
- Once the Norton LiveUpdate is finished, click OK.
- Keep running Live Update until you receive the message “your Norton product has the latest protection updates”.
- Restart your device after exiting all the programs.
Process to Resolve Norton Error 500 (on Mac)
Step 1. First Uninstall Norton
- Double click on Norton product in the application folder.
- On the menu bar, click Norton product, then select uninstall Norton security.
- Select uninstall from the uninstall Norton product confirmation window.
- Click on install helper, after typing administrator name and password.
- Click restart now in the uninstaller window.
Step 2. Remove the license from an unused device.
- Sign in to Norton.
- Select the device you are no longer using, in the device page and click ***.
- Click delete device
- Click on remove from the remove device confirmation window.
- Click on done
Step 3. Install Norton
- Sign in to Norton
- If you don’t have a Norton account, click on create an account and complete the sign in process. If you already have an account, fill the details and then sign in.
- In the setup window, click on download Norton.
- Click on agree and download.
- Click on OK to save and open the file.
- Once download finishes, Double click on the Norton product installer.
- Click on agree and install to start the installation.
- After LiveUpdate finishes installing updates, Click on
- Then Click on the restart button from the installation successful window.
- Restart your device to complete the installation process.
To Resolve Norton Server Error 500 (on Windows 10)
Step 1. Restart your device
- Exit all programs
- Restart your computer
Step 2. Set a default web browser
- Click on start then go to settings and after that go to system.
- Click on default apps.
- Select the web browser that you wish to set as default.
- You can Activate your Norton product now.
Recommended: How To Fix Norton Error 3039?
Norton Server Error 500 (Windows 8/7/Vista/XP)
Step 1. Restart your computer
- Exit all programs you are currently working on.
- Restart the computer
Step 2. Change the default web browser.
- Open run dialog box after pressing the window+R key.
- Type the below-mentioned text and press enter.
Step 3. In the control window
- In the user account control window, click
- In the control panel, next to view by, select category from the drop down list.
- Click on programs in the control panel window.
- Click on set your default programs, under default programs.
- Select your preferred browser and click on ‘Set this program as default, under the program, in the set your default programs.
Click on OK
If you still aren’t able to troubleshoot this error 500, kindly take assistance from our customer service.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Latest posts by John M. Norton (see all)
- Norton Sign in Not Working- Access Problems in Norton Account - May 28, 2020
- How to Fix Norton Antivirus Error 1000 - May 20, 2020
- Norton.com setup enter product key - May 11, 2020
Request a Callback