Norton security VPN is a Norton Virtual Private Network product which is used by millions of users all over the globe. With such kind of network users are able to hide their identity and surf without generating any kind of history and use the internet hassle free.
This is another network and like any other network, its users also face issues of different kinds. Issues such as many complaints that we get are that Norton secure VPN is not opening or Norton secure VPN is not turning on. To overcome such issues, the Windows report team has created a list of solutions that can be used to fix the problem of Norton secure VPN not loading.
What can I do if Norton Secure VPN is not loading?
Method 1: Check internet connection
One of the main reasons behind Norton VPN, not loading is due to a slow internet connection. If you are facing difficulty in starting the Norton Secure VPN then you must check your internet connection first. You can also check your internet connection by clicking windowsreport.com. If you can access the website the connection is stable otherwise, you need to go to the next method.
Method 2: Allow VPN through Windows firewall
Another step you need to follow is, see whether you have allowed your VPN through Windows Firewall as it is programmed to block VPNs. If there are no other issues by enabling the Norton Secure Network will start running. Steps to follow are mentioned:
- Go to Start > Type “Allow an app through Windows firewall” and then hit “Enter” key
- Go on “Change Settings” options
- Now, Click, on “Allow another program
- Choose the program you want to add or click Browse to find Norton Secure VPN software, and then click OK
- Check if you can connect again.
However, if you still having the connection problem; you must proceed to the next method.
Method 3: Update video graphics driver
There might be another reason for the problem and that is the video graphics driver might not be updated. So, please check if the same is updated to the latest version. Follow the steps below if you do not know how to do that:
- Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run program.
- Type devmgmt.msc and then press Enter key.
- In the Device Manager window, double-click on the Display adapters.
- Right-click on the HD graphics card, and select Properties.
- Go to the Driver tab and check whether the video graphics card driver is current or outdated.
- If the driver is outdated, click on the update to install the latest version of the video graphics card driver.
- Restart your Windows PC next to check if the issue has been resolved.
Method 4: Run Windows Update
There might be another reason why Norton secure VPN is not working windows 10 and for that you need to run windows update. Microsoft provides regular updates by which you are able to fix the issues which are VPN related.
Given below are the steps to run windows update:
- Go to Start>type “windows update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
Method 5: Reinstall Norton Secure VPN
If you have followed the above steps and you are still unable to resolve the issues you might want to reinstall your VPN. Follow the steps given below to reinstall VPN in your systems.
- Right-click Start and select Programs and Features
- From the list of programs, locate Norton Secure VPN, click on it and then select Uninstall
- Follow the options to complete the successful uninstallation of the VPN program.
- If your VPN is still available after uninstalling it, right-click Start and select Run
- Type ncpa.cpl and press Enter to open the Network Connections window
- Under Network Connections, right click on the WAN Miniport labeled your VPN
- Select Delete
- Click Start and select Settings
- Click Network & Internet
- Select VPN. If you see your VPN as available, delete it
- After completing the uninstallation process, go ahead installing the Norton Secure VPN software on the official website.
We hope that following the above methods you will be able to resolve your issues. In case if you are still unable to do that or your problem is not listed such as Norton security VPN not working on iOS then you might connect to the technical support team.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 3.2 / 5. Vote count: 9
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!