History Of Trojan
The story of the Trojan Horse is one that of deception and destruction. Legend has it that after a 10 year long attempt by the Greek people to subdue the independent city that was Troy, the Greeks pretended to sail away leaving a gigantic wooden horse at the gate of Troy. They hide some of their finest soldiers inside the horse, who once the people of Troy take the horse inside the city, wait for the dark of night to creep out of the horse and open the gates of Troy that they could not otherwise penetrate. In come the rest of the Greek army to catch the entire city unaware, when they were in the midst of peaceful slumber, plunder and murder and emerge victorious.
A Trojan malware, named after the infamous wooden horse, hides malware in an apparently normal file that does not arouse suspicion. Then it goes on to take access of the PC, introduce more malware, steal, delete, block, modify or copy data, turning upside down the performance of all computers within a network.
Types Of Trojans
Norton Support UK brings you here, some different types of Trojans that are commonly found in the world of cyber crime.
- Backdoor Trojans that will make way for a hacker to take access over a computer stealthily and thereby control it. Hackers can then go on to use the computer for various criminal activities. They can also collect system or personal information from the computer device or any attached storage device. They can attack other computers, terminate or run processes and tasks, download or upload files and other content and many more other nefarious activities.
- Exploit Kits can detect a network weakness and use it to its own advantage. It can spread through infected web pages and may load many more exploits depending upon what the software tool is vulnerable to. Those who choose Norton antivirus to fight these Trojans, call us at Norton helpline support to configure your antivirus as per requirement and find out how to make optimal use of it.
- Rootkit Trojan will hide activities and objects of the infected system. They are mainly used so that the security software cannot detect them, thus gaining more time to do more damage.
- Trojan DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) is pretty self explanatory. A DoS attack will send many requests to the machine it attacks and if the computer cannot process all requests due to lack of resources, service gets denied.
- Banker Trojans are malicious programs that are designed to access private information from online banking systems. It can seem like legitimate software till it is installed on any electronic device. Think of the damage that can be caused by stealing credit card, bank login and trust account information.
- Trojan Downloader will secretly download from remote servers some malicious files, and then they will install and execute the files. These often include new Trojans and adware. Feel free to dial Norton support number for customized malware scanning.
- Trojan-dropper uses several advanced methods to spread and install other Trojans or viruses. They themselves can steal or damage data as well as identity.There are other common types like Trojan-Fake AV that behave like an antivirus and are used to make unsuspecting users pay to get rid of fake threats. The Trojan-Game Thief will steal information of online game players. And the Trojan-IM will steal Ids and passwords from platforms like Skype or WeChat. Secure your PC and other devices from Trojans, viruses and several other sophisticated malware that become harder to detect by the day. Let your Norton antivirus safeguard your devices. And let our Norton antivirus support team help you install the latest updates and upgrades of your antivirus.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
- Norton Provides 8 Cybersecurity Tips for Business Travelers for Anytime Use - February 6, 2021
- How to Set App Exclusions In Norton Antivirus Software - January 19, 2021
- Norton Family- A Tool to Stay Safe in Internet Era - January 13, 2021
Request a Callback